For Parents

University Commons provides your student with an enjoyable and convenient living environment. It’s the lifestyle they want, in a location just across from the campus, saving them time and reducing stress.

Below are answers typical questions from parents:

If a roommate moves out, is my student liable for their rent?

No. At University Commons you sign an individual lease and you are responsible only for your rent. If a roommate graduates, transfers or leaves school for any reason, you have no worries and no responsibility.

Is there on-site management?

Yes. University Commons has trained, on-site Property Assistants who understand the needs of students.

Who is the developer of Melbourne Commons?

University Commons LLC is the developer. All of the principals have extensive real estate development experience throughout Florida. More importantly, our children have gone through college and we understand living in a safe, convenient environment is important to academic success and a great college experience.

Can my student work for the management company?

Yes. University Commons offers Property Assistant opportunities for students with excellent leadership, teamwork, problem solving and communications skills. As a Property Assistant your student will work with our management and leasing team to create an environment that is conducive to academic learning and a vibrant community. Contact the leasing company to apply for a Property Assistant position.